Brunsdon Insurance Brokers Ltd (BIBL) strongly believes in protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. In order to explain how BIBL collects, uses and protects Personal Information, we have developed this Privacy Notice.
Personal Information is any combination of information, in the possession of or likely to come into the possession of BIBL, that can be used to identify, contact, or locate an individual (“Personal Information”) and will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
The data controller of this website is BIBL Ltd, whose registered number is 03433998 and whose registered office is:
Brunsdon Insurance Brokers Ltd
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
BIBL may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information (including individuals associated with you, all of whom are referred to as “you” in this Privacy Notice) in its normal course of business for the following purposes:
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Arranging insurance cover;
- Advice and assistance on claims;
- Marketing and client profiling;
- Processing transactions through service providers;
- Sharing with associations for those clients/participants obtaining insurance coverage by being a member of the association;
- Facilitating premium finance arrangements;
- Credit assessments and other background checks;
- Where we believe it is necessary to meet legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements;
- Protecting against fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities;
- Research and statistical analysis ; and
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information gathered by BIBL from this Site falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by visitors to our Site and (2) tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our Site.
Information Voluntarily Provided By You
When using this Site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. The Personal Information that we collect will depend on how you choose to use this Site.
This information can include:
- Information you provide on applications or other forms, which may include your name, address, email address, age, personal identification numbers, credit card numbers, credit records, banking information, payment records, medical and health information, employment and income information;
- Information we acquire from and/or transfer to other persons (such as government agencies, industry associations, auditors, claims adjusters, your insurer and your employer) to verify your identity and the accuracy of the information you have provided;
- Information about you received from BIBL insurers, other intermediaries, third party providers and others for underwriting or claims purposes (such as previous insurance and claims history) about our Clients and Participants; and
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
Special Categories of Personal Data
In order to provide insurance cover and deal with insurance claims in certain circumstances BIBL & insurance market participants may need to process your special categories of personal data, such as medical and criminal convictions records, the legal basis for its collection being the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of our contract for services with you.
You may withdraw your consent to such processing at any time by notifying us at our main business address.
However, if you withdraw your consent this will impact our ability to provide insurance or pay claims.
Any Personal Information that you provide will be used for the purpose indicated on the Site or in this Privacy Notice.
Following the quote, if you decide to proceed, we will collect Personal Information necessary to finalise the relevant quote and proceed with the transaction, such as your name, address, post code, contact telephone number, e-mail address, billing address or payment details, as relevant to the product. We will use your Personal Information to administer your policy, process claims and generally manage your relationship with us. We may pass the Personal Information you provide to others. Please see the Disclosure of Information to Others section for information on the categories of recipients of Personal Information.
Website Navigational Information – Cookies
As you navigate the Site, we may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons (collectively “Website Navigational Information”). Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked).
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
We do not disclose any Personal Information about you to any third parties except as stated in this Privacy Notice, as otherwise permitted by law, or authorised by you.
Third parties to whom we disclose your Personal Information are required by law and contractual undertakings to keep your Personal Information confidential and secure, and to use and disclose it for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances, in compliance with all applicable legislation. The purposes for which we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties are as follows:
- To conduct our business as an insurance intermediary and risk consultant including for the purposes of arranging insurance cover, handling claims, facilitating premium finance arrangements in respect of which we may disclose your Personal Information to insurers, reinsurers, intermediaries or other brokers, outsourcers, sub-contractors, agents and service providers, premium finance providers and professional advisors and auditors;
- To associations for those Clients/Participants obtaining insurance coverage by being a member of the association;
- To notify you of certain products or services we offer; and
- To update information with credit bureaus and insurance reporting agencies.
If these third parties wish to use your Personal Information for any other purpose, they will have a legal obligation to notify you of this and, where required, to obtain your consent.
or obtaining the Personal Information, the fact that it may be disclosed to third parties such as BIBL, and have consented to such disclosure and use.
Other Legally Required Disclosures
BIBL preserves the right to disclose without your prior permission any Personal Information about you or your use of this Site if BIBL has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of BIBL, employees, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; (c) as required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
In this Privacy Notice, the purposes identified above and in “Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information” will be referred to as the “Identified Purposes.”
Your knowledge of and consent to BIBL’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information to us directly or indirectly, for example through another insurance intermediary, a representative or your employer for the purposes set out above;
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic document; and
- Your verbal consent solicited by BIBL for a specified purpose.
Where BIBL relies on consent for the fair and lawful processing of Personal Information, the opportunity to consent will be provided when the Personal Information in question is collected. Your consent may be given through your authorised representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. BIBL will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for BIBL to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot obtain insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information for you.
If you wish to withdraw your consent please refer to the Questions or To Withdraw Consent sections below.
However, there are a number of instances where BIBL does not require your consent to engage in the processing or disclosure of Personal Information. BIBL may not solicit your consent for the processing or transfer of Personal information for those purposes which have a statutory basis, such as:
- The transfer or processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and BIBL.;
- The transfer or processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, concluded in your interest, between BIBL (or one of its affiliates) and a third party;
- The transfer or processing is necessary, or legally required, on important public interest grounds, for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or to protect your vital interests; or
- The transfer or processing is required by applicable law.
LIMITING COLLECTION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
BIBL will collect, use, or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as permitted by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent (where appropriate), that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose.
BIBL will collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We will normally retain Personal Information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes. However, some Personal Information may be retained for longer periods as required by law, contract, or auditing requirements.
We have in place physical, electronic and procedural safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we maintain regarding Clients and Participants. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, amount, distribution and storage of the Personal Information. They include physical, technical, and managerial measures to keep Personal Information protected from unauthorized access. Among such safeguards are the encryption of communications, encryption of information while it is in storage, firewalls, access controls, separation of duties, and similar security protocols.
BIBL Sites may include links to other websites whose privacy policies we do not control. Once you leave our servers (you can tell where you are by checking the URL in the location bar on your web browser), use of any Personal Information you provide is governed by the privacy notice of the operator of the website you are visiting. That notice may differ from ours. If you can't find the privacy notice of any of these websites via a link from the website's homepage, you should contact the website directly for more information.
ACCURACY, ACCOUNTABILITY, OPENNESS AND CUSTOMER ACCESS
It is important that the Personal Information (e.g. email address) that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If any of your details change you can update us by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Please keep us informed of changes to your Personal Information.
You have the right to access your Personal Information and request rectification of any Personal Information in the file that may be obsolete, incomplete or incorrect. However, to secure your Personal Information, BIBL does not provide online access to its customers to view or amend Personal Information in its database.
TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
You may exercise your right to withdraw your consent to applicable uses or disclosures of your Personal Information (which may limit or terminate the products and services that BIBL provides to you) by writing to us at the above address. We will need to validate the identity of anyone making such a request to ensure that we do not provide your information to anyone who does not have the right to such information.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how BIBL uses your information. They are:
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for BIBL to continue to have it.
Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way. For example, if you were moving your pension to another pension provider.
Right to object
You can object to BIBL processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests (including profiling); for direct marketing (including profiling); and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
QUESTIONS, REQUESTS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, want to access your Personal Information or wish to make a complaint about this Privacy Notice, you can do so by writing to:
The Operations & Compliance Manager
Brunsdon Insurance Brokers Ltd
Phone: 01452 623632 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority. The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Write to the ICO at Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Or by telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 Fax: 01625 52451
Or Contact via the ICO Website at https://ico.org.uk